This was a fun home to remodel! Our project scope was quite large, consisting primarily of the kitchen and the master bathroom updates, but extending to several other rooms as well.
The client chose updates that lightened and brightened the space and brought the home up-to-date in a more modern style. For the kitchen we made the following improvements:
- Installed hand-scraped hardwood floors (these were also put in the living room, dining room, formal dining room, office, master bedroom, and powder bath!)
- Lowered the island to counter-height
- Coordinated new custom cabinetry and countertops
- Paint (we actually painted the entire downstairs!)
- Laid new backsplash tile
- Installed new sink and faucet
- Hung and installed new lighting (canned lights, pendant lighting, etc.)
- Installed new appliances
- Took down a faux column to create more space
In the living room, we added hardwood floors and remodeled the fireplace and mantle.
In the master bath, we did a complete remodel:
- New vanities, sinks, faucets, and countertops
- Demolished old bathtub and enclosure, and installed free-standing soaking tub with new faucet/plumbing, and tile border behind tub
- Laid new tile flooring
- Framed out the mirror and added new lighting
- Extended the size of the master shower, laid new tile on walls and floor, put new glass and door in
Outside of those areas, we put new balusters on the staircase and matched the handrail to the new hand-scraped hardwoods. Out on the front porch, we put up new cedar posts and accents.
We are so pleased with how this project turned out!