And now…our beautiful new logo!
We hired THE GREAT Rob Shiflet @ Tailfish Solutions to curate a logo that was reflective of who we are and what we do! Ryan really didn’t have any specifics to give him, so he only made suggestions on what he thought we would both like:
- Ryan liked the idea of a “G” (representing our last name and obviously the corresponding company name).
- Ryan also had the idea of somehow incorporating a crown with the “G”. This was a nod to me, because my maiden name is King, and I loved the crown idea because of another meaning: we are the son and daughter of The King. (My mom also pointed out that Ryan is the “king” of my “castle.”)
- Ryan hoped that whatever Rob made would reflect the industry that we are in.
Being the creative genius that he is, Rob hit a home run and conceived a rustic skeleton key that incorporated all of the above elements. A skeleton key is generally used to mean an antique key; however the term skeleton key derives from the fact that the key has been reduced to its essential parts.
Here are the essential parts of our skeleton key:
- The key symbolizes opening the door of a home.
- The bow (top) of the key is in the shape of a “G.”
- The shank of the key has grooves/bits that establish a crown.
We are so very happy with the finished work that Tailfish Solutions has done for us! Thanks to all of you for your support and compliments!